The Seventh Power is a non-profit organization committed to increasing AWARENESS of the history of the Oglala Sioux Tribe, the broken promises made by our nation to all the tribes of the Northern Plains and to the current economic and social challenges of modern day life at the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
The Seventh Power creates awareness, raises funds and invests them in projects at Pine Ridge that strengthen economic independence, increase self-reliance and celebrate the cultural identity of the Lakota people. Specific themes for project investments include:
- Housing construction projects that create home OWNERSHIP opportunities for local residents.
- Projects that encourage healthier diets through a return to traditional food sources (such as buffalo).
- Clothing donations particularly aimed at children and young mothers with families.
- Business investments and initiatives that promote entrepreneurship and create private sector jobs at Pine Ridge.
- Educational projects that strengthen AWARENESS of the history of the Lakota people and of the challenges and opportunities of modern day life at Pine Ridge.